JDT put Selangor to the sword; LIONSXII stun ATM

Johor Darul Ta’zim ended a three-game run without a win in the Malaysia Super League in some style on Saturday after claiming a 4-1 win over Selangor at the Larkin Stadium.

Baihakki Khaizan opened the scoring for the hosts in the 13th minute with a superb header, and fellow Singapore international Hariss Harun doubled their lead four minutes after the half-hour mark when he nodded home a corner.

Despite possessing a healthy lead, Harimau Selatan did not take their foot of the pedal and Luciano Figueroa made it 3-0 in the 53rd minute with a simple finish from Amri Yahyah’s excellent cross, before Fadhli Shas grabbed a fourth on the hour mark when he tapped home on the rebound after Baihakki’s header had been saved onto the post.

Paulo Rangel did manage to pull one back nine minutes later when he scored from the penalty spot, but it was little more than a consolation as Darul Ta’zim played out the remainder of the game for an impressive victory.

Selangor’s defeat also allowed Terengganu to move top of the table after they beat Pahang 2-0 at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium.

Mario Karlovic fired the Turtles ahead after 21 minutes, before Ismail Faruqi Asha’ri added a second in the 70th minute to wrap up the three points.

Defending champions LIONSXII produced a stunning fightback to claim a 2-1 win over ATM at the Majlis Perbandaran Selayang Stadium.

ATM had broked the deadlock after just four minutes when Amirizdwan Taj Tajuddin climbed highest inside the opposition area to head home Bruno Martelotto’s corner.

But two minutes after halftime, the visitors pulled level when Khairul Amri forced his way past Norfazly Alias to race onto Sufian Anuar’s through-ball, before coolly firing into the bottom corner.

And in the second minute of injury-time, the LIONSXII went on to claim the victory after Afiq Yunos made a darting run to the near post and got enough on the Zulfahmi Arifin’s cross to steer it past Syed Adney for the winner.

Kelantan are also on the rise as they moved up to second with a comfortable 3-0 triumph over T-Team at the Sultan Mohammad IV Stadium.

After Mohamed Shawky had handed them a 32nd-minute lead, captain Badhri Radzi doubled the Red Warriors’ tally before Mohammed Ghaddar made sure of the result with a third six minutes from time.

Finally, ten-man Sarawak continued their recent good run of form with a third straight win – beating Perak 1-0 at the Sarawak State Stadium.

Milorad Janjus notched his third goal of the campaign to put the hosts ahead in the ninth minute, but they were dealt a blow in the 71st minute when midfielder Junior Eldstal was sent off.

Nonetheless, Perak were unable to find the breakthrough despite the numerical advantage, allowing Sarawak to hold on for maximum points.

In Friday’s only game, PKNS FC and Sime Darby played out a 0-0 draw.

Saturday’s Malaysia Super League Results


Johor Darul Ta’zim 4-1 Selangor

Kelantan 3-0 T-Team

Sarawak 1-0 Perak

Terengganu 2-0 Pahang

Friday’s Malaysia Super League Results

PKNS FC 0-0 Sime Darby


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s