Darul Ta’zim, Kelantan through to Malaysia FA Cup semis

Johor Darul Ta’zim are through to the last four of the Malaysia FA Cup after a 2-0 win at Kedah on Tuesday saw them win their quarter-final tie 5-1 on aggregate.

In possession of a comfortable two-goal lead from the first leg, Harimau Selatan edged ahead at the Darul Aman Stadium when Norshahrul Idlan Talaha netted two minutes after the hour mark.

Five minutes from time, fellow Malaysia international Safee Sali added a second to cap off a dominant display from Cesar Ferrando Jimenez’s charges.

Darul Ta’zim will meet reigning Malaysia Cup champions Pahang in the semi-finals, after they claimed a 3-2 aggregate win over PDRM with a 2-1 win at the Darulmakmur Stadium.

With the tie firmly in the balance following a 1-1 draw in the first leg, it was Tok Gajah who struck first when Fauzi Roslan handed them the lead five minutes before halftime.

PDRM responded in the 50th minute when Charles Souza Chad equalised but in the first minute of injury-time, Hafiz Kamal struck to win it for the hosts.

Defending champions Kelantan are also through after a 3-3 draw at PKNS FC was enough to see them progress 6-5 on aggregate.

Liberia international Patrick Ronaldinho Wleh fired PKNS into the lead at the MBPJ Stadium after just two minutes, only for Ahmad Fakri Saarani to equalise in the tenth minute.

The Red Warriors then took the lead in the 25th minute thanks to a Ahmad Shakir Ali effort, but the hosts managed to hit back a minute before the break through a penalty from Karlo Primorac.

PKNS then took the lead again in the 70th minute when defender Hamka Hamzah popped up with a goal at the other end, but two minutes later, Mohammed Ghaddar netted to send Kelantan through.

Awaiting them in the last four are Premier League outfit FELDA United, who progressed on the away goals rule following a 2-2 aggregate draw with Sarawak.

Following a 0-0 draw in the first leg, Sarawak drew first blood at the Sarawak State Stadium when Joseph Kalang Tie broke the deadlock, but the visitors hit back and equalised through a Zah Rahan Krangar effort.

Ten minutes from time, it looked as though the Crocs had done enough to progress when they took the lead again after Akmal Rizal found the back of the net, but three minutes later, Indra Putra Mahayuddin struck to secure FELDA’s progress.

Tuesday’s Malaysia FA Cup Quarter-final Second Leg Results

Kedah 0-2 Johor Darul Ta’zim (1-5 on agg.)

Pahang 2-1 PDRM (3-2 on agg.)

PKNS FC 3-3 Kelantan (5-6 on agg.)

Sarawak 2-2 FELDA United (2-2 on agg.; FELDA through on away goals)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s