TPL leaders Muangthong held; Buriram stunned by BEC Tero

Muangthong United stayed top of the Thai Premier League on Saturday evening despite being held to a 1-1 draw by Police United at the SCG Stadium.

The Twin Qilins, who had won their opening two games of the season, were on course to maintaining their 100% start after Mario Gjurovski fired them ahead in the fifth minute.

But seven minutes after the hour mark, Surachart Sareepim struck to earn Police a share of the spoils.

Meanwhile, BEC Tero Sasana moved up to second after a shock 3-2 win over defending champions Buriram United at the 72-years Anniversary Stadium.

It looked as though the Thunder Castle would be getting back to winning ways when a Jay Simpson penalty gave them a 13th minute lead, only for Daiki Iwamasa to fire the hosts level five minutes before the break.

Right on the stroke of halftime, Gilbert Koomson netted for the second consecutive match to put BEC Tero ahead, but Buriram hit back when Leonel Altobelli struck in the 51st minute.

However, there was to be no denying the Fire Dragons an impressive triumph as Peerapat Notechaiya found the back of the net ten minutes later to win it for them.

Bangkok Glass’ perfect start to the campaign was ended as they fell to a 2-0 defeat to Suphanburi, who picked up their first points in the process.

Following a goalless first half at the Suphanburi Municipality Stadium, Ivorian striker Bireme Diouf broke the deadlock for the hosts in the 57th minute, before adding a second two minutes later to make sure of the result.

To make matters worse for the Glass Rabbits, they were reduced to ten men in the 62nd minute after midfielder Phuritad Jarikanon was sent off for a second bookable offence.

Over at the Chonburi Stadium, Chonburi struck twice in the final 11 minutes to keep alive their unbeaten start to the season with a 3-3 draw against Ratchaburi.

It was the visitors who had taken the lead in the 27th minute thanks to a Douglas Cardozo strike, but Pipob On-mo equalised for the Sharks with a trademark header five minutes later.

Nonetheless, Ratchaburi reclaimed the lead three minutes after the break when Yai Nilwong scored, before Genki Nagasato added a third in the 51st minute to put them firmly in control of the tie.

But Wanit Chaisan pulled one back in 11 minutes from time to keep Chonburi in the game, before scoring again just three minutes later to salvage a share of the spoils for his side.

Elsewhere, Chainat’s ex-Montenegro international Nikola Nikezic equalised two minutes after Sarayuth Chaikamdee’s tenth minute opener for Sisaket in a 1-1 draw between the two sides at the Khao Plong Stadium.

Finally, Army United and TOT also played out a 1-1 draw at the Royal Thai Army Stadium.

A Tanakorn Dangthong strike put Army ahead in the 72nd minute, but Takahiro Kawamura fired TOT level five minutes later to deny the hosts their second win of 2014.

Saturday’s Thai Premier League Results

BEC Tero Sasana 3-2 Buriram United

Chainat 1-1 Sisaket

Suphanburi 2-0 Bangkok Glass

Chonburi 3-3 Ratchaburi

Muangthong United 1-1 Police United

Army United 1-1 TOT


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s