Leaders PDRM held by FELDA as Penang move level on top

Malaysia Premier League leaders PDRM failed to pick up maximum points for the first time in 2014 after being held to a 3-3 draw at FELDA United on Friday.

It was PDRM who took the lead at the Petaling Jaya Stadium in the 11th minute when Ali Ashfaq beat the offside trap and slotted past Farizal Harun, before Charles Souza Chad doubled their tally on the half-hour mark; poking home on the rebound after Rafael Souza’s initial header had been saved.

However, the hosts pulled one back just before halftime when Shahrulnizam Mustapa headed home a corner at the far post, and it was 2-2 in the 56th minute after Indra Putra Mahayuddin’s long-range strike deflected off V. Thirumurugan and arrowed into the bottom corner.

It then looked like FELDA had pulled off a stunning come-from-behind victory in the 70th minute when Indra Putra turned provider, sending a dangerous corner into the box for Edward Junior Wilson to meet with a bullet header into the back of the net.

But six minutes later, Maldives international Ashfaq scored his second of the evening from the penalty spot to earn the visitors a share of the spoils.

While the draw ended  PDRM’s perfect start to the season, they remain unbeaten and top of the table, although second-placed Penang are now level on points with them following a 3-1 win over Negeri Sembilan.

Kim Jin-ryong fired Negeri ahead at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium after nine minutes, only for Baser Napae to equalise four minutes later.

Baser then netted again in the 25th minute to put Penang ahead, before Hilton Moreira added a third two minutes after the half-hour mark to wrap up the three points for the visitors.

Kedah are up to third after Billy Mehmet’s 47th-minute penalty helped them beat Johor Darul Ta’zim II 1-0 at the Darul Aman Stadium, while Sabah and SPA FC played out a 0-0 draw at the Likas Stadium.

DRB-Hicom made it three games without defeat following a 1-1 draw at home to Perlis, and it could have been more after they edged ahead thanks to a tenth-minute own-goal by Farouk Hashim.

Nonetheless, Thai defender Wittawin Clowuttiwat fired Perlis level six minutes before halftime, which ultimately proved enough for a point.

Finally, PBAPP’s search for their first win continues as they were beaten 1-0 by UiTM FC, after Abdi Kassim Sadallah scored the only goal of the game in the second minute.

Friday’s Malaysia Premier League Results

DRB-Hicom 1-1 Perlis

Sabah 0-0 SPA FC

FELDA United 3-3 PDRM

Kedah 1-0 Johor Darul Ta’zim II

Negeri Sembilan 1-3 Penang



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s