Nay Pyi Taw hold Yadanarbon; big win for Yangon

Yadanarbon continue to hold a one-point lead at the top of the Myanmar National League following a 0-0 draw with Nay Pyi Taw on Sunday.

In a pivotal clash at the Paung Laung Stadium, Yadanarbon knew victory would see them edge further ahead of their closest challengers while Nay Pyi Taw could have gone top with a win.

However, neither side were able to find the breakthrough as both ultimately had to settle for a share of the spoils.

Over at the Yangon United Sports Complex, Yangon United ended a three-game winless run in the league in style with a 5-0 thrashing of Southern Myanmar.

Having got back to winning ways on Tuesday with a 2-0 win over South China in the AFC Cup, Eric Williams’ charges continued their resurgence as they took the lead in the 27th minute thanks to Kyaw Ko Ko’s opener.

Emerson Luiz Tito then made it 2-0 five minutes after the half-hour mark, before Ko Ko grabbed his second of the game to put the hosts firmly in control of the match.

Still, they refused to ease their foot off the pedal after the break and Pyae Phyo Aung added a fourth in the 52nd minute, before Emerson too grabbed a brace two minutes from time to cap off a ruthless display from the Lions.

The win took Yangon one place up to fourth but they remain a point behind third-placed Magway, who toiled to a 1-0 win over GFA.

Despite being expected by many to cruise past the league’s bottom side, Magway struggled to carve open their opponents but eventually claimed maximum points after Sylla Mansa netted the only goal of the game in the 58th minute.

Sunday’s final game saw Manaw Myay record a 2-1 win over Chin United at the Thuwunna Stadium.

After Molo Hilaire Assale had broken the deadlock for them, Ollo Kambou netted his second goal of the campaign from the spot to hand Manaw Myay a healthy lead.

Chin United did manage to pull one back six minutes before halftime through a Keith Murtu Nah but they were just unable to find the crucial equaliser, as their opponents held on for the three points.

On Saturday, Ayeyawady United claimed their first victory in five games after stunning Zwekapin United with a 4-1 triumph at the Bogyoke Aung San Stadium.

Ayeyawady had been leading by a single goal thanks to Clarke Clifford’s eighth-minute strike, before Sasa Rankovic doubled their tally ten minutes after halftime.

Zwekapin looked to have gotten back into the contest when Thein Zaw struck in the 74th minute but Min Min Tun restored Ayeyawady’s two-goal cushion four minutes from time, before Nay Lin Tun struck in the 93rd minute to secure the result.

Elsewhere on Saturday, Soe Min Oo netted for the second straight game with an 88th-minute winner to help Kanbawza defeat Zeyar Shwe Myay 1-0 at the Monywa Stadium.

Saturday’s Myanmar National League Results

Zeyar Shwe Myay 0-1 Kanbawza

Zwekapin United 1-4 Ayeyawady United

Sunday’s Myanmar National League Results

Yangon United 5-0 Southern Myanmar

Nay Pyi Taw 0-0 Yadanarbon

GFA 0-1 Magway

Chin United 1-2 Manaw Myay


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s