PDRM march on at the top; last-gasp SPA deny Negeri

PDRM stretched their lead at the top of the Malaysia Premier League to seven points on Monday after recording a 2-1 win over DRB-Hicom at the Petaling Jaya Stadium.

It was DRB-Hicom who took a surprise lead when Stanley Ogunboye Iyanu netted a minute before the half-hour mark, but Afif Amiruddin equalised for the hosts five minutes before halftime.

Just two minutes later, PDRM went ahead courtesy of a Mohamadou Sumareh strike, which ultimately proved enough for the three points as neither side were able to find the back of the net in the second half.

With FELDA United’s clash against Johor Darul Ta’zim II postponed, the result allowed the Cops to extend their lead at the summit.

Penang also capitalised on FELDA’s inactivity as they tentatively moved up to second with a 3-1 triumph over local rivals PBAPP at the Bandaraya Stadium.

After failing to break down their opponents for most of the first half, the Panthers eventually edged ahead thanks to Luiz Ricardo’s 43rd-minute opener, before an own-goal by Hazrul Shah Abdul Hakim doubled their lead on the hour mark.

Three minutes later, the contest was effectively over when Shazuan Ashraf added a third for Penang, although PBAPP did manage a consolation when Kaye Edrisar scored from the spot in the 70th minute.

Over at the Temerloh Stadium, Negeri Sembilan ended a three-game losing streak but a injury-time equaliser saw them held to a 3-3 draw by SPA FC.

After S. Sivanesan had fired the hosts in front after 16 minutes, SPA equalised two minutes later via a strike from Guy Bwele, who netted again to put them in front in the 62nd minute.

But six minutes later, Ivan Babic pulled Negeri level with his second goal for the club and it appeared as though they had done enough for the win when Kim Jin-ryong made it 3-2 from the penalty spot in the 82nd minute.

Nonetheless, Guadeloupe international Eddy Viator popped up in the fourth minute of injury-time to equalise for SPA and leave both sides having to settle for a share of the spoils.

Finally, Kedah continued to keep alive their hopes of promotion as they made it four wins in a row after beating Sabah 2-0 at the Darul Aman Stadium.

It looked as though a draw was on the cards as Hijau-Kuning struggled to find a way past their opponents, but the breakthrough arrived in the 70th minute when Faizal Abu Bakar found the back of the net.

And two minutes from time, Zuraindey Jumai notched his first goal of the campaign to wrap up the three points for Kedah and keep them seven points away from the promotion spots.

Monday’s Malaysia Premier League Results

PDRM 2-1 DRB-Hicom

Kedah 2-0 Sabah

Penang 3-1 PBAPP

SPA FC 3-3 Negeri Sembilan


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s