Buriram rise continues; Singhtarua down BK Glass

Buriram United’s resurgence in the Thai Premier League continued as they moved back up to third on Sunday with a 3-0 win over TOT at the Thunder Castle Stadium.

It initially looked as though the defending champions were out of the title running, after they had won just two of their opening nine matches of the campaign.

But since a 1-0 defeat to Singhtarua back in April, the Thunder Castle have gone unbeaten in their last nine league outings and have won seven in the process, including Sunday’s triumph.

The hosts broke the deadlock after 12 minutes when Adisak Kraisorn latched onto Theerathon Bunmathan’s incisive pass and drew Weera Koedpudsa out of his goal, before laying the ball back for Javier Patino to fire into the unguarded net.

Three minutes before the half-hour mark, Patino turned provider as he played a lovely over-the-top ball to release Carmelo Gonzalez; the Spaniard coolly lofting the ball over the onrushing Weera.

And the win was secured in the 68th minute when Buriram skipper Suchao Nutnum spotted Weera off his line and sent a spectacular lob from inside his own half into the back of the net, compounding a miserable evening for the TOT custodian.

Bangkok Glass’ poor run of form continued as they went a fourth game without victory after losing 2-1 to Singhtarua at the PAT Stadium.

Following a goalless first half, the hosts took the lead in the 63rd minute when opposition keeper Narit Taweekul could only parry a right-wing cross into the path of Kroekrit Thaweekarn, who made no mistake in rifling his shot in off the post.

Eight minutes later, it was 2-0 after Hironori Saruta embarked on a probing run down the left before finding Kim Geun-chul, who curled a lovely effort from the edge of the box into the bottom corner.

The Glass Rabbits did manage to pull one back a minute from time when Chatree Chimtale converted a corner with a trademark header inside the six-yard box, although it proved to be a mere consolation as Singhtarua held out for the win.

Meanwhile, Army United’s inconsistency reared its ugly head again as they were held to a 2-2 draw by Sisaket at the Thai Army Sports Stadium.

The hosts had edged ahead in the 20th minute when Monkol Tossagri was left unmarked inside the area to glance home Ernesto Amantegui’s left-wing delivery, but Sisaket pulled level eight minutes after halftime; David Bala going on an excellent run down the left before squaring the ball for Santirat Viang-in to finish.

Two minutes after the hour mark, Army did manage to reclaim the lead after Raphael Botti sent a firm header into the far corner but in the third minute of injury-time, the Dangerous Koupreys went on to claim a share of the spoils after Sarayuth Chaikamdee’s freekick took a deflection off the wall and went in off the bar.

Over at the Thupatemee Stadium, relegation-threatened Air Force Central picked up only their third win of the season after beating Bangkok United 4-3 in a seven-goal thriller.

It was the visitors who drew first blood after just two minutes when Sompong Soleb headed home on the rebound after Milos Bogunovic’s initial shot had come back off the bar, but Anu Singharaj equalised in the 18th minute with a fierce 25-yard drive.

Air Force then took the lead two minutes before the half-hour mark when Issac Honey scored with a towering header, but this time it was the Angels who responded on the stroke of halftime; Paitoon Nontadee hitting the byline before cutting the ball back to leave Korawit Narmwiset with an easy finish.

But an error from United keeper Warut Mekmusik then gifted the hosts the lead again ten minutes into the second half, when he allowed Pavarit Sansook’s harmless freekick to cross the line in his attempt to catch it.

And 11 minutes from time, they went further ahead after Phuwanart Sangsri was allowed to find space inside the area despite having two men on him, and proceeded to lash a left-footed shot into the back of the net.

Deep into injury-time, the visitors managed to reduce the deficit when Kim Yoo-jin scored from a corner with a sweetly struck volley, although there was little time after for them to find an equaliser as Air Force claimed maximum points.

Finally, Samut Songkhram find themselves back at the foot of the table following a 1-0 defeat to Songkhla United at the Ratchaburi Stadium.

Just when it looked as though the Raging Mackerel had done enough for a point, Naratip Phayuep-Plurk handled the ball inside the box to hand Songkhla a penalty in injury-time, which was converted by Kayne Vincent despite Puthasas Boonpok’s best efforts to keep it out.

Sunday’s Thai Premier League Results

Air Force Central 4-3 Bangkok United

Samut Songkhram 0-1 Songkhla United

Singhtarua 2-1 Bangkok Glass

Buriram United 3-0 TOT

Army United 2-2 Sisaket


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s