BEC Tero pull level with Muangthong; Buriram close in

BEC Tero Sasana moved level on points with Thai Premier League leaders Muangthong United on Wednesday after claiming a 2-0 win over Samut Songkhram.

Chanathip Songkrasin fired the Fire Dragons ahead at the 72-years Anniversary Stadium three minutes before halftime with his second goal in as many games, before Sho Shimoji netted in the 52nd minute to wrap up the three points.

The game did end on a sour note as BEC Tero striker Georgie Welcome and Raging Mackerel’s Pongpipat Kamnuan were both dismissed in the 79th minute, before the visitors were reduced to nine men when Thanathep Jiaradub saw red after picking up two bookings in the span of five minutes.

Muangthong had failed to maintain two-point lead at the top of the table after being held to a 0-0 draw by Chainat at the SCG Stadium.

Meanwhile, Buriram United are just a point behind the top two after recording a 3-2 win over Songkhla United at the Tinsulanon Stadium.

The Thunder Castle took the lead in the 33rd minute when Carmelo Gonzalez met a loose ball with a blistering half-volley into the back of the net, before it was 2-0 six minutes later when Nattawut Sombatyotha got enough of a touch on Anawin Jujeen’s right-wing cross to send the ball over the line.

But Faysal Shayesteh pulled one back for Songkhla in the 43rd minute when he curled a spectacular 20-yard freekick into the top corner, and the scores were level on the stroke of halftime after Ekkachai Nuikhao raced through down the right and drilled in a shot that Sivaruck Tedsungnoen was unable to keep out.

However, Buriram went on to claim maximum points in the 76th minute when Javier Patino reacted instinctively to Andres Tunez’s flick-on header and sent the ball past Nantapol Supathai with an acrobatic volley.

Over at the Thammasat Stadium, Chonburi ended a three-game winless streak after beating Police United 3-2.

Having taken a 14th-minute lead when Nurul Sriyankem netted from close range after Rattanai Songsangchan had parried the ball into his path, the Sharks found themselves in a commanding position as Kazuto Kushida doubled their advantage a minute later with a fine individual effort.

Nonetheless, Sergio Suarez did reduce the deficit in the 35th minute when he scored on the rebound after his initial header had come back off the bar, before Pokkhao Anan made it 2-2 with a spectacular 25-yard drive past Sinthaweechai Hathairattanakool’s despairing dive a minute before the hour mark.

Still, it was Chonburi who went on to secure the win in the 70th minute when Thiago Cunha latched onto Fode Bangaly Diakite’s clearance header and raced through before clipping a shot home.

Singhtarua find themselves fifth on the table after coming from behind to beat PTT Rayong 2-1 at the PTT Stadium.

Amorn Thammanarm had handed the hosts the lead in the 52nd minute with a tap-in at the back post after Kirati Keawsombat had helped Amadou Ouattara’s cross into his path, but they then had Yves Desmarets sent off ten minutes later for a second bookable offence.

And Singhtarua made the most of their numerical advantage as Sirichai Lamputtha equalised six minutes from time with a looping header into the far corner, before Kim Geun-chul lashed a left-footed strike in off the bar in the 90th minute to win it for the visitors.

Inconsistency continues to plague Bangkok Glass as they fell to their fourth defeat in eight games after being beaten 2-0 by high-flying Chiangrai United.

Following a goalless first half at the Leo Stadium, the visitors took the lead in the 66th minute when Renan Marques blasted the ball past Narit Taweekul after their opponents had failed to clear their lines from a corner.

And ten minutes later, the result was put beyond doubt as Chiangrai grabbed a second on the counter; Leandro Assumpcao breaking down the right before clinically firing into the bottom corner.

Elsewhere, Victor Amaro’s thumping header in the first minute of injury-time handed Sisaket a 1-0 triumph over Osotspa Saraburi, while Ratchaburi defeated Suphanburi 3-0 thanks to Heberty’s brace and a Phuwadol Suwannachart strike.

Finally, Air Force Central’s struggles continued as they were beaten 2-1 by TOT, while goals from Kim Yoo-jin, Sompong Soleb and Paitoon Nontadee helped Bangkok United record an impressive 3-0 win over Army United at the Thai-Japanese Stadium.

Wednesday’s Thai Premier League Results

Chainat 0-0 Muangthong United

Osotspa Saraburi 0-1 Sisaket

Songkhla United 2-3 Buriram United

Bangkok Glass 0-2 Chiangrai United

Police United 2-3 Chonburi

PTT Rayong 1-2 Singhtarua

Ratchaburi 3-0 Suphanburi

TOT 2-1 Air Force Central

Bangkok United 3-0 Army United

BEC Tero Sasana 2-0 Samut Songkhram

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s