Chonburi climb up to third; BEC Tero held by Air Force

Chonburi moved up to third in the Thai Premier League on Sunday evening after recording a 2-0 win over Bangkok Glass at the Leo Stadium.

Thiago Cunha handed the Sharks the lead in the 28th minute when he beat the offside trap and raced onto Chakrit Buathong’s through-ball, before clipping his shot into the far corner.

And ten minutes after the break, the visitors went on to wrap up the three points when Chakrit smashed home a second on the rebound, after Juliano Mineiro’s initial effort had been saved by Narit Taweekul.

The victory allowed Chonburi to climb into the top three and move level on points with second-placed Buriram United, after BEC Tero Sasana had slumped to a 0-0 draw with third-from-bottom Air Force Central at the 72-years Anniversary Stadium.

Meanwhile, Singhtarua are now sixth on the table after cruising to a 3-0 triumph over Samut Songkhram at the Samut Songkhram Stadium.

Following a goalless first half, the visitors took the lead in the 51st minute when Kim Geun-chul was left unmarked inside the box and stabbed home a perfectly-weighted cross by Ekaphan Inthasen from six yards out.

Seven minutes from time, their lead was doubled after Hironori Saruta brilliantly beat his opponent twice before sliding the ball past Watchara Buathong to leave Sarawut Kongchareon with an easy tap-in at the far post.

But just for good measure, the Port Lions added a third to round off the scoring in injury-time when Predrag Sikimic intercepted a poor pass and slipped the ball through to Sarawut, who coolly slotted past the onrushing Watchara.

Over at the Khao Plong Stadium, Bangkok United’s recent rise was halted as their four-game winning streak was brought to an end by a 1-1 draw against Chainat.

In fact, it could have been worse for them as the hosts edged ahead after just two minutes; Surachet Ngamtip racing down the left and curling in a precise cross for Phanuwat Jinta, who sent a bullet header into the back of the net.

Nonetheless, with three minutes left on the clock, Bangkok United salvaged a share of the spoils when Anthony Ampaipitakwong pounced on a loose ball on the edge of the box and expertly guided his shot into the bottom corner for the equaliser.

Finally, Osotspa Saraburi came from behind to claim a 3-1 triumph over TOT – ending a four-game winless run in the process.

TOT had initially taken the lead at the TOT Stadium Chaeng Watthana when Panomkorn Saisorn broke the deadlock in the 13th minute, only for Aron da Silva to equalise six minutes later.

Osotspa looked the likelier of the two sides to deal the next blow and duly did so four minutes into the second half when Apipoo Suntornpanavej fired them ahead, before Chananan Pombuppha added a third to seal the win in the 78th minute.

Sunday’s Thai Premier League Results

Bangkok Glass 0-2 Chonburi

Samut Songkhram 0-3 Singhtarua

BEC Tero Sasana 0-0 Air Force Central

Chainat 1-1 Bangkok United

TOT 1-3 Osotspa Saraburi


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s