Yadanarbon stay four clear; Yangon destroy Chin United

Yadanarbon maintained their four-point lead at the Myanmar National League summit after recording a 3-2 win over Manaw Myay on Friday.

Manaw Myay had taken the lead at the Bahtoo Stadium after six minutes through Ollo Kambou’s opener, but Edison Fonseca equalised from the spot in the 22nd minute.

Thet Naing then fired Yadanarbon ahead six minutes later and further extended their lead with his second of the evening two minutes after the half-hour mark, only for Naing Oo Lwin to pull one back for the visitors in the 40th minute.

But Manaw Myay were just unable to find the equaliser in the second half, allowing the hosts to hold out for the win.

Although the result allowed Yadanarbon to tentatively move seven points clear, their lead was cut on Saturday when second-placed Yangon United claimed a resounding 8-1 triumph over Chin United at the Thuwunna Stadium.

The Lions broke the deadlock in the 14th minute through a strike from Cesar, who doubled his and his side’s tally six minutes after the half-hour mark.

Emerson Luiz Tito then made it 3-0 two minutes later and although Keith Murtu Nah did pull one back for Chin from the spot in the 41st minute, Yangon’s three-goal lead was restored a minute later through a Ram Din Sanga own-goal.

Three minutes after the break, Cesar completed his hat-trick and then scored his fourth of the evening in the 51st minute, before further goals from Emerson and Kyaw Ko Ko capped off a dominant display by the visitors.

However, Nay Pyi Taw were unable to maintain pace at the top of the table as they fell to a shock 2-1 defeat to Southern Myanmar, who recorded only their second win of the season in the process.

Although Shotaro Ihata had put the visitors ahead at the Paung Laung Stadium in the 43rd minute, Pyae Phyo Oo was able to fire Nay Pyi Taw level a minute before the hour mark.

However, Southern Myanmar refused to be overpowered by their more-illustrious opponents and went on to claim a stunning result after Ye Aung struck the winner in the 76th minute.

Saturday’s final game saw Chukwuazu Chidiebere net the only goal of the match nine minutes from time to hand Zeyar Shwe Myay a 1-0 win over Ayeyawady United at the Bogyoke Aung San Stadium.

On Sunday, Kanbawza climbed up to third on the table after cruising to a 2-0 win over GFA at the Bogyoke Aung San Stadium.

Kyaw Zayar Win opened the scoring for KBZ after 18 minutes, before Soe Min Oo added another five minutes after the hour mark to effectively end the contest.

Finally, a first-half double from Emmanuel Medengue was enough to help Magway beat Zwekapin United 2-0 at the Thuwunna Stadium.

Friday’s Myanmar National League Results

Yadanarbon 3-2 Manaw Myay

Saturday’s Myanmar National League Results

Chin United 1-8 Yangon United

Nay Pyi Taw 1-2 Southern Myanmar

Ayeyawady United 0-1 Zeyar Shwe Myay

Sunday’s Myanmar National League Results

Kanbawza 2-0 GFA

Magway 2-0 Zwekapin United


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s