Yangon keep pace with Yadanarbon; Nay Pyi Taw held

Yangon United remain four points behind Myanmar National League leaders Yadanarbon after claiming a 3-1 win over Zeyar Shwe Myay on Monday.

It was Zeyar Shwe Myay who had edged ahead at the Thuwunna Stadium after 14 minutes when Idoko Mathew found the back of the net, but the visitors hit back four minutes before the hour mark through Emerson Luiz Tito’s equaliser.

Yangon then took the lead for the first time in the 75th minute when Cesar found the back of the net, before Kyaw Ko Ko struck right at the death to wrap up the three points.

The win ensured the Lions maintained pace with Yadanarbon, after the league leaders had surged ahead with a 1-0 win over Zwekapin United on Monday.

Following a goalless first half at the Bahtoo Stadium, Edison Fonseca popped up to score his 19th goal of the campaign in the 62nd minute to win it for Yadanarbon.

Ayeyawady United were also victorious as they got back to winning ways with a hard-fought 3-2 triumph over Kanbawza at the Yangon United Sports Complex.

After Lassina Kone had handed Ayeyawady a 37th-minute lead, Sasa Rankovic was on target to double their lead two minutes before the hour mark.

Soe Min Oo managed to pull one back for KBZ when he netted from the penalty spot in the 67th minute, only for Nanda Lin Kyaw Chit to restore his side’s two-goal cushion eight minutes from time.

To their credit, Kanbawza refused to give in and reduced the deficit once more in the fourth minute of injury-time through a Min Min Tun strike, although it proved to be too little too late as their opponents held out for the win.

Monday’s other game saw Nay Pyi Taw’s title bid take another blow as they were held to a 4-4 draw by Chin United at the Thuwunna Stadium.

It initially looked as though things were going to be much worse for them as Suan Lam Mang broke the deadlock for Chin in the 22nd minute, before Hanson Harmon doubled their lead a minute later.

But four minutes after the half-hour mark, Carlos Delgado pulled one back for Nay Pyi Taw and they found themselves level two minutes into the second half when Aung Kyaw Naing grabbed an equaliser.

Aung Kyaw Naing then struck again in the 59th minute to hand the designated visitors the lead, and it looked as though they were cruising to victory when Pyae Phyo Oo made it 4-2 three minutes later.

However, Keith Murtu Nah gave Chin a glimmer of hope when he reduced the deficit in the 67th minute, before Harmon scored his second of the evening for earn his side a share of the spoils.

Sunday’s action saw bottom side GFA record their first win of the campaign at the 17th time of asking after beating Southern Myanmar 1-0 at the Yangon United Sports Complex; Tial Kulh Sum netting the only goal of the game in the 42nd minute.

And finally, Ollo Kambou struck in the second minute of injury-time to hand Manaw Myay a 1-0 triumph over Magway at the Thuwunna Stadium.

 Sunday’s Myanmar National League Results

GFA 1-0 Southern Myanmar

Magway 0-1 Manaw Myay

Monday’s Myanmar National League Results

Chin United 4-4 Nay Pyi Taw

Kanbawza 2-3 Ayeyawady United

Yadanarbon 1-0 Zwekapin United

Tuesday’s Myanmar National League Results

Zeyar Shwe Myay 1-3 Yangon United


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s