Buriram bounce back; Muangthong held by Suphanburi

Buriram United got back to winning ways in the Thai Premier League on Saturday after cruising to a 2-0 win over Air Force Central at the New I-Mobile Stadium.

The Thunder Castle entered the game looking to bounce back from Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat to Chonburi – only their fourth loss of the campaign.

And five minutes before the break, they edged ahead when Javier Patino received a pass from Theerathon Bunmathan on the edge of the box and clinically stroked a shot into the far corner.

Seven minutes into the second half, they went on to wrap up the three points when Adisak Kraisorn was first to react to a quickly-taken throw-in and poked home his side’s second from close range.

The win allowed Buriram to move four points clear at the top of the table, although Chonburi could reduce their lead on Sunday when they take on Singhtarua.

Meanwhile, Muangthong United tentatively climbed into second place despite a 0-0 draw with Suphanburi at the Suphanburi Municipality Stadium.

The Twin Qilins are now level on 58 points with the Sharks, although they are second by virtue of their better head-to-head record.

BEC Tero Sasana snapped a three-game winless streak at the 72-years Anniversary Stadium after recording a 2-1 triumph over Chainat.

The hosts had broken the deadlock in the 37th minute when Sho Shimoji nipped in ahead of two defenders to stab the ball home from four yards, after Narubodin Weerawatnodom had hit the byline and drilled in a dangerous cross.

However, Chainat pulled level in the seventh minute of injury-time added on at the end of the first half; Arthit Sunthornpit lining up a freekick on the edge of the box and curling a sublime effort into the top corner.

But moments later, Georgie Welcome out-jumped Athibordee Atirat to meet a right-wing cross with a thumping header into the back of the net, which ultimately proved enough to hand the Fire Dragons maximum points.

Over at the United Stadium, Chiangrai United were unable to emerge victorious for the third game in a row after being held to a 1-1 draw by Sisaket.

The hosts initially looked on course to ending their poor run when Renan Marques put them in front after two minutes; firing home on the rebound after a comical error had seen Watsapol Thosantia send a clearance into Anon Sangsanoi and back off the bar.

Nonetheless, two minutes before the hour mark, Sisaket forced the draw when Ekkapan Jandakorn was left with a simple tap-in after opposition keeper Intharat Apinyakool had made a mess while trying to save a long-range freekick.

And finally, Songkhla United and Police United’s respective bids to avoid relegation were not helped as they both played out a 1-1 draw at the Tinsulanon Stadium.

It was Police who drew first blood when Michael Murcy opened the scoring in the 63rd minute, but Renan Silva netted from the spot four minutes later to earn the hosts a share of the spoils.

 Saturday’s Thai Premier League Results

Songkhla United 1-1 Police United

Suphanburi 0-0 Muangthong United

Buriram United 2-0 Air Force Central

Chiangrai United 1-1 Sisaket

BEC Tero Sasana 2-1 Chainat


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s