PDRM beat Selangor to gain control; two in a row for Perak

PDRM moved three points clear at the top of Group D in the Malaysia Cup on Wednesday after recording an impressive 2-0 win over Selangor.

The Red Giants, once again looking to claim their 33rd title, were dealt a real blow at the Shah Alam Stadium after 12 minutes when they had Bunyamin Umar sent off.

And just three minutes later, the visitors made the most of their numerical advantage after being awarded a penalty; Ali Ashfaq slotting home from 12 yards for his third goal in two outings.

Nine minutes after the hour mark, Charles Souza Chad added a second for PDRM to wrap up the three points for them and strengthen their grip on top spot.

Selangor’s defeat also saw them drop to third place as they were overtaken on goal difference by T-Team, who came from behind to beat Sime Darby 2-1.

Sime Darby had taken the lead at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium a minute before halftime when Dilshod Sharofetdinov scored from the penalty spot.

However, Leandro dos Santos levelled the scores in the 58th minute when the Titans were awarded a spot-kick of their own, after Ramzul Zahini Adnan had been brought down inside the box.

And eight minutes from time, Ramzul popped up with the winning goal to hand T-Team their first points of the campaign.

Over in Group B, Perak maintained their perfect start to the campaign after claiming a 2-0 victory over Sarawak at the Perak Stadium.

Captain Nasir Basharuddin fired Perak in front a minute before halftime, before Abdulafees Abdulsalam added a second in the 49th minute to make sure of the result.

Meanwhile, Terengganu climbed into second spot in the group after overcoming a scare to beat Kedah 3-2 at the Darul Aman Stadium.

Having broken the deadlock through Ashaari Shamsuddin’s eighth-minute opener, the Turtles looked well on course for victory when the striker grabbed his second of the evening in the 45th minute.

But just before the break, Billy Mehmet pulled one back for the hosts and they remarkably found themselves level a minute before the hour mark when Baddrol Bakhtiar found the back of the net to make it 2-2.

Still, it was Terengganu who went on to claim all three points in the 74th minute when Mario Karlovic struck the winner, inflicting a second consecutive defeat on Hijau-Kuning in the process.

Wednesday’s Malaysia Cup Results

Group B

Kedah 2-3 Terengganu

Perak 2-0 Sarawak

Group D

T-Team 2-1 Sime Darby

Selangor 0-2 PDRM

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s