Buriram move four clear at TPL summit after Chonburi lose

Buriram United stretched their lead at the top of the Thai Premier League to four points on Wednesday after claiming a 3-1 win over Sisaket.

The Thunder Castle had taken a seventh-minute lead at the Sri Nakhon Lamduan Stadium through Carmelo Gonzalez’s opener, only for Godwin Antwi to equalise for the hosts three minutes later.

But in the 32nd minute, Javier Patino restored Buriram’s lead and the Philippines international netted again four minutes later to make sure of the three points.

The result allowed Alexandre Gama’s charges to surge ahead at the summit after second-placed Chonburi fell to a shock 1-0 defeat at the hands of Army United at the Thai Army Sports Stadium.

Lee Hyun-jin broke the deadlock for Army in the ninth minute, which ultimately proved enough for the three points after Chonburi were unable to find an equaliser.

Fresh from being crowned League Cup champions at the weekend, BEC Tero Sasana continued their good form after edging Songkhla United in a 4-3 thriller at the Tinsulanon Stadium.

Although Muzafer Ejupi had fired Songkhla in front after 12 minutes, Otman Djellilahine equalised for the Fire Dragons four minutes later being netting again in the 22nd minute.

It was then the hosts’ turn to respond through an Anuwat Nakkasem strike nine minutes into the second half, but Rangsan Viwatchaichok then restored BEC Tero’s lead seven minutes later.

Again, Songkhla pulled level when Ejupi found the back of the net once more in the 67th minute but with 15 minutes remaining, Daiki Iwamasa popped up with the winner to hand the visitors all three points.

Over at the Thupatemee Stadium, Muangthong United were finally able to snap a three-game winless streak after beating Air Force Central 1-0.

It initially looked as though the Twin Qilins’ miserable run was going to continue as they struggled to find a way past their opponents, although the breakthrough finally arrived eight minutes before fulltime when Datsakorn Thonglao netted what proved to be the winner.

Police United’s fight to avoid relegation continues to be in the balance after they played out a 3-3 draw with Bangkok Glass at the Thammasat Stadium.

Lazarus Kaimbi opened the scoring for the visitors after just six minutes, but Pokkhao Anan made it 1-1 two minutes after the half-hour mark.

There then was a first goal for Teeratep Winothai since he moved to Police – remarkably against his former club – and the hosts looked on track for victory when Sergio Suarez grabbed a third from the spot in the 69th minute.

However, Goshi Okubo scored ten minutes before the end to keep Bangkok Glass’ hopes alive, and the comeback was completed in injury-time when Bordin Phala found the back of the net to force the draw.

Complicating matters for Police was the fact that fellow strugglers PTT Rayong handed themselves a much-needed boost by defeating TOT 3-1 at the TOT Stadium Chaeng Watthana.

The Oil Millionaires were firmly in control of proceedings after Prathan Mansiri had put them ahead in the 27th minute, before Adisak Srikampang doubled their tally three minutes after the break.

While Mohamed Kone did reduce the deficit for TOT four minutes later, the visitors managed to hold out and sealed the win in injury-time through a Kirati Keawsombat strike.

Singhtarua, who were the early-season pacesetters, continued their stunning fall after a 2-2 draw against Ratchaburi at the PAT Stadium meant that they have failed to win in eight of their last nine outings.

They did break the deadlock on the half-hour mark when Leandro Oliveira found the back of the net, but Heberty equalised three minutes before halftime.

Things could have been worse for them as Fabio Lopes then put Ratchaburi ahead in the 63rd minute, but Predrag Sikimic netted four minutes later to earn the Port Lions a share of the spoils.

Mike Temwanjera was the hero for Bangkok United at the Thai-Japanese Stadium as his 54th-minute strike gifted them a 2-1 triumph over relegated Samut Songkhram, after Ekkachai Sumrei’s opening goal after four minutes had been cancelled out by a Guy Hubert equaliser.

Finally, Jetsada Puanakunmee grabbed the only goal of the game on the stroke of halftime to hand Osotspa Saraburi a 1-0 triumph over Suphanburi at the M-150 Saraburi Stadium, while it was honours even at the Khao Plong Stadium following a 0-0 stalemate between Chainat and Chiangrai United.

 Wednesday’s Thai Premier League Results

Osotspa Saraburi 1-0 Suphanburi

Army United 1-0 Chonburi

Songkhla United 3-4 BEC Tero Sasana

Chainat 0-0 Chiangrai United

Air Force Central 0-1 Muangthong United

Sisaket 1-3 Buriram United

Police United 3-3 Bangkok Glass

TOT 1-3 PTT Rayong

Bangkok United 2-1 Samut Songkhram

Singhtarua 2-2 Ratchaburi


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s