Chonburi close in at TPL summit after Buriram denied

Chonburi are now just two points off the top of the Thai Premier League after recording a 2-1 win over Sisaket at the Chonburi Stadium on Sunday evening.

Kroekrit Thaweekarn had fired the hosts ahead in the 32nd minute, only for Brent McGrath to equalise for Sisaket seven minutes later.

But four minutes into the second half, Bavorn Tapla scored to help Chonburi reclaim the lead, which ultimately proved enough for the win.

The three points allowed the Sharks to close in on Buriram United, after the leaders twice failed to hold on to a lead in their 2-2 draw with Osotspa Saraburi.

Although David Rochela had opened the scoring for the Thunder Castle at the New I-Mobile Stadium in the 41st minute, the visitors pulled level when Kritsada Kemden found the back of the net a minute before halftime.

Rochela looked to have won the game for Buriram when he scored again four minutes from time, but barely a minute later, Aron da Silva struck to earn Osotspa a share of the spoils.

Over at the 72-years Anniversary Stadium, BEC Tero Sasana missed the chance to reclaim third spot from Muangthong United after falling to a 2-1 loss at the hands of Ratchaburi.

Having fallen behind in the 26th minute through Yai Nilwong’s opener, the Fire Dragons drew level when Sho Shimoji netted ten minutes into the second half.

Nonetheless, Heberty popped up with the winner four minutes after the hour mark to ensure Ratchaburi got back to winning ways after being held to a 2-2 draw at Singhtarua in midweek.

Meanwhile, Chainat continued to move closer to safety after cruising to a 3-0 victory over already-relegated Samut Songkhram at the Khao Plong Stadium.

After Laksana Kamruen had broken the deadlock in the 21st minute, the hosts doubled their advantage two minutes before the break when Sumanya Purisay got his name on the score-sheet.

And with 16 minutes remaining, Chainat went on to secure maximum points after defender Valery Hiek popped up at the other end to add a third for his side.

In Sunday’s final game, Air Force Central played out a 1-1 draw with Army United at the Thupatemee Stadium.

It initially looked as though Army were headed for victory when Tassana Cheamsa-art fired them in front after eight minutes, but Yao Hermann Kouassi struck in the 31st minute to earn the hosts a valuable point.

Sunday’s Thai Premier League Results

Samut Songkhram 0-3 Chainat

Chonburi 2-1 Sisaket

Buriram United 2-2 Osotspa Saraburi

BEC Tero Sasana 1-2 Ratchaburi

Air Force Central 1-1 Army United


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s