Chonburi fight back to salvage draw; BK Glass off the mark

Chonburi came from two goals down to force a 2-2 draw against Chainat on Sunday evening to maintain their unbeaten start to the 2015 Thai Premier League campaign.

It was Chainat who got off to a dream start at the Chonburi Stadium when they took the lead after just two minutes when Alex ghosted in at the far post to meet Laksana Kamruen’s flick-on header, and proceeded to lash a powerful shot into the back of the net.

Four minutes before the half-hour mark, an error from Sharks keeper Sinthaweechai Hathairattankool allowed the visitors to double their tally as he was caught out by a Michael Murcy cross and could only push the ball back into the six-yard box, leaving Alex with a simple tap-in for his second goal.

Nonetheless, Chonburi showed plenty of endeavour in a bid to get back into the contest and they duly pulled one back in the 63rd minute after Anderson dos Santos played a visionary slide-rule pass to release Nurul Sriyankem, who got enough on his shot to beat Wanlop Saechew.

And with three minutes remaining, substitute Kirati Keawsombat climbed highest among a sea of players to meet Korrakot Wiriyaudomsiri’s left-wing delivery with the deftest of headers, which crept just inside the post to earn the hosts a share of the spoils.

The result means Chonburi, along with title rivals Buriram United and Muangthong United, are one of seven teams tied on four points after two matches, two behind leaders Army United.

Over at the United Stadium, Bangkok Glass got their campaign off to a winning start as they defeated Chiangrai United 2-1.

The Glass Rabbits had not been in action last week due to their AFC Champions League playoff in against Beijing Guoan in China, which ultimately ended in a 3-0 defeat.

However, they looked a side determined to bounce back from that disappointment and took the lead on Sunday when 19-year-old starlet Thanasit Siriphala opened the scoring after 13 minutes.

Chiangrai did manage to equalise four minutes before the half-hour mark through a Kiatprawut Saiwaeo strike but in the 71st minute, the Glass Rabbits’ new signing Narong Jansawek popped up with the winner to hand his side maximum points.

Meanwhile, Suphanburi recorded their first win of the season after toiling to a 1-0 triumph over newly-promoted Nakhon Ratchasima at the Suphanburi Municipality Stadium.

The only goal of the game arrived in the 56th minute when the hosts were awarded a penalty after Carmelo Gonzalez had been felled inside the area by Satoshi Nagano’s rash sliding challenge, paving the way for Jakkapan Pornsai to coolly send Prapart Kobkaew the wrong way from the spot.

In Sunday’s final game, Jeferson grabbed a 73rd-minute winner to guide Osotspa to a 1-0 victory over Navy, who are still looking for their first points since being promoted to the top flight.

Sunday’s Thai Premier League Results

Chiangrai United 1-2 Bangkok Glass

Suphanburi 1-0 Nakhon Ratchasima

Chonburi 2-2 Chainat

Navy 0-1 Osotspa


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s