Army leave it late to stay unbeaten; Chonburi defeated

Army United equalised at the death to force a 1-1 draw against Bangkok United on Sunday and maintain their unbeaten start to the 2015 Thai Premier League season.

Army, who had won their opening two matches, were initially headed for defeat at the Thai Army Sports Stadium after Leandro Tatu fired the visitors ahead in the 18th minute.

But in the third minute of injury-time, Dutch striker Melvin de Leeuw grabbed a last-gasp equaliser to earn his side a share of the spoils.

The result was enough to see Army move level on points with leaders Suphanburi, as well as Ratchaburi, who claimed an impressive 3-1 triumph over Chonburi at the Dragons Arena.

Having seen the hosts claim a 23rd-minute lead through Bruno Lopes’ opener, Chonburi pulled level in the 59th minute when Leandro Assumpcao found the back of the net.

However, just a minute later, Heberty scored to restore Ratchaburi’s lead, before he grabbed another from the penalty spot in the 66th minute to put the result beyond doubt.

Osotspa round off the four teams tied at the top of the table with seven points after overcoming ten-man TOT with a 2-1 win at the Thephasadin Stadium.

The hosts broke the deadlock after 17 minutes when Anthony Moura-Komenan found the back of the net, before their chances were handed a real boost when their opponents were reduced to ten men a minute before halftime after Arthit Boonpa was sent off for a second bookable offence.

Addison Alves then made it 2-0 in the 57th minute to put his side firmly in control of proceedings, and while TOT did reduce the deficit through a Wichan Nanthasri strike in the 71st minute, it ultimately proved to be little more than a consolation.

Finally, Nakhon Ratchasima picked up their first points of the season at the third time of asking after defeating fellow strugglers Navy 2-1 at the 5th December Stadium.

It took the hosts just seven minutes to edge ahead when Dantrai Longjamnong opened the scoring, only for Georgie Welcome to equalise for Navy with a penalty a minute after the half-hour mark.

Nonetheless, eight minutes after the hour mark, Korat defender Parinya Utapao popped up at the other end to score the winner and hand his side maximum points.

Sunday’s Thai Premier League Results

Nakhon Ratchasima 2-1 Navy

Osotspa 2-1 TOT

Ratchaburi 3-1 Chonburi

Army United 1-1 Bangkok United


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s