JDT II stunned by T-Team as NS Matrix go top of MPL

Johor Darul Ta’zim II fell to their first loss of the 2015 Malaysia Premier League season after being beaten 3-1 by T-Team on Friday evening.

Entering the clash at the Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah Stadium as they only team remaining with a 100 per cent record in the competition, JDT II were expected to claim maximum points against a side yet to win a game – as well as score a goal – in 2015.

However, it was T-Team who broke the deadlock on the stroke of halftime when Farhod Tadjiyev netted from the penalty spot, and the Uzbekistan international doubled his tally three minutes into the second half when he was left with an easy finish following a lovely pass by Ahmad Takhiyuddin.

The visitors did pull one back in the 71st minute when Leandro Velazquez struck with a sublime freekick, but the Titans went on to seal the win with a minute remaining when Nor Hakim Hassan made it 3-1 with an emphatic finish.

The result saw JDT II relinquish their lead and it is now NS Matrix who find themselves at the top of the table, following a 3-1 triumph over Kuantan at the Darulmakmur Stadium.

The visitors got off to a dream start when Shahrizal Saad fired them ahead inside the opening minute, before Francis Forkey Doe doubled their lead four minutes later.

Im Kyung-hyun reduced the deficit in the ninth minute in what turned out to be a frenetic opening period, but any hopes Kuantan had of a comeback were ended in the 71st minute when Forkey Doe notched his second of the evening.

Like NS Matrix, Penang also climbed above JDT II into second place with ten points from four games after toiling to a 1-0 win over Kuala Lumpur.

The only goal of the game at the Bandaraya Stadium arrived six minutes before halftime when Faiz Subri found the back of the net, which ultimately proved enough to maintain the Panthers’ unbeaten start to the campaign.

Over at the MBPJ Stadium, Kedah were unable to do the same as they fell to their first defeat of 2015 following a 2-1 defeat at the hands of PKNS FC.

After Farderin Kadir had broken the deadlock in the 15th minute, PKNS found themselves firmly in control of proceedings when Gabriel Guerra added a second three minutes from time.

Syafiq Ahmad did keep Kedah’s hopes alive as he pulled one back in the 89th minute, although they were just unable to find an equaliser as the hosts held out for the victory.

Meanwhile, SPA FC already look like they will be in for a difficult season as they remain rooted to the bottom of the table after being defeated 4-1 by Sabah at the Likas Stadium.

Zuraindey Jumai put the hosts in front with his 29th-minute opener and Leopold Alphonso made it 2-0 just two minutes later, before the contest was effectively over when Eamon Zayed added another three minutes after the break.

Izuan Salahuddin then completed the rout with a fourth goal for Sabah in the 64th minute, although SPA did manage a consolation effort two minutes later when Raja Mohd Hafillah netted.

Finally, DRB-Hicom notched their second win in as many games after beating UiTM FC 3-1 at the UiTM Stadium.

The visitors were always in control after Aris Zaidi and Fakrullah Rosli scored inside the opening 23 minutes, but Nursalam Zainal Abidin struck in the 32nd minute to keep UiTM firmly in the contest.

But six minutes after the hour mark, Ivan Babic struck to end their resistance and make sure of the win for DRB-Hicom.

Friday’s Malaysia Premier League Results

UiTM FC 1-3 DRB-Hicom

PKNS FC 2-1 Kedah

Sabah 4-1 SPA FC

T-Team 3-1 Johor Darul Ta’zim II

Kuantan 1-3 NS Matrix

Penang 1-0 Kuala Lumpur

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s