Suphanburi deny Buriram late on; Muangthong stay unbeaten

Suphanburi maintained their place at the top of Thai Premier League on Saturday after coming from behind twice to hold champions Buriram United to a 2-2 draw.

Although Buriram opened the scoring at the Suphanburi Municipality Stadium through a Diogo strike in the 27th minute, the hosts equalised two minutes before the break when the in-form Jakkapan Pornsai scored his fourth goal of the campaign.

It then looked as though the Thunder Castle were headed for the win after Gilberto Macena fired them back in front in the 80th minute, but a minute from time, Sergio van Dijk popped up with Suphanburi’s second equaliser of the game to earn them a share of the spoils.

Bangkok United moved up to second place and level with Suphanburi, after Dragan Boskovic scored the only goal of the game at the Thai-Japanese Stadium in the 35th minute to hand them a 1-0 win over Osotspa.

Rounding off the top three that all have eight points from their opening four games are Muangthong United, who defeated Port 1-0 at the SCG Stadium.

Despite struggling to break down their opponents for much of the match, the Twin Qilins were ultimately able to claim maximum points after Cleiton Silva scored the winner seven minutes into the second half.

On a day of narrow victories, Bangkok Glass maintained their unbeaten record so far this season as they emerged triumphant at the Sattahip Navy Stadium; Matt Smith netting in the 67th minute to help them record a 1-0 triumph over Navy.

Over at the United Stadium, Chiangrai United finally got their campaign up and running as they beat Nakhon Ratchasima 4-2 for their first win in 2015.

While it was the visitors who took the lead through Bjorn Lindemann’s 16th-minute opener, Rungrath Poomchantuek grabbed the equaliser a minute before halftime and that was followed by a Renan Marques strike in the 42nd minute, which sent Chiangrai into the break leading on the scoreboard.

Marques doubled his tally in the 61st minute and the result was put beyond doubt when Kiatprawut Saiwaeo added a fourth for the Beetles three minutes later, although Korat did grab a late consolation through a Lee Tuck penalty eight minutes from time.

Finally, Adefolarin Durosinmi broke the deadlock ten minutes from time to hand Sisaket a 1-0 triumph over Saraburi at the Sri Nakhon Lamduan Stadium.

Saturday’s Thai Premier League Results

Chiangrai United 4-2 Nakhon Ratchasima

Sisaket 1-0 Saraburi

Navy 0-1 Bangkok Glass

Suphanburi 2-2 Buriram United

Bangkok United 1-0 Osotspa

Muangthong United 1-0 Port

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s