FELDA down Kelantan to stay top; Selangor up to third

FELDA United remain at the summit of the Malaysia Super League after recording a 1-0 win over Kelantan at the Sultan Mohammad IV Stadium on Saturday evening.

Following a goalless first half, it was Edward Junior Wilson who emerged as the hero for the visitors as he grabbed the only goal of the game a minute after the hour mark to hand his side maximum points.

The victory, FELDA’s third of the campaign, also means they remain as the only unbeaten side remaining in the competition and maintained their two-point lead at the top.

Maintaining the pressure on them are second-placed PDRM,  who had to come from behind to hand ten-man Perak their first loss of the season with a 3-1 triumph at the Perak Stadium.

Althoug Nurridzuan Abu Hassan had handed Perak a 47th-minute lead, Dramane Traore ensured the visitors responded soon after as he grabbed the equaliser five minutes later.

Ahmad Ezrie Shafizie then put the Cops ahead in the 56th minute and the hosts were dealt a blow two minutes later when Syazwan Roslan was sent off, before Traore grabbed his second of the evening to put the result beyond doubt.

Selangor were the big movers on Saturday as they climbed five spots up to third with a 2-0 win over Sarawak – their second in a row after going their opening three games without tasting victory.

The Red Giants broke the deadlock at the Shah Alam Stadium after ten minutes when Azmi Muslim’s corner to the back post was nodded back into the six-yard box by Robert Cornthwaite, where Afiq Azmi reacted quickest to nod the ball home.

And 13 minutes from time, Selangor made sure of the win when an error from opposition keeper Fadzley Rahim saw him rush off his line but completely miss connecting with the ball, allowing Fitri Shazwan Raduwan to run through and slot into the unguarded net.

Over at the Majlis Perbandaran Selayang Stadium, Johor Darul Ta’zim continued their inconsistent form as they were held to a 1-1 draw by bottom side Sime Darby, who had yet to pick up a single point prior to Saturday.

Things could have been even worse for Harimau Selatan as they fell behind in the 35th minute after Nazrul Kamarulzaman fired the hosts ahead, but Junior Eldstal equalised a minute after the hour mark to spare their blushes and earn them a share of the spoils.

Meanwhile, LIONSXII continued their unbeaten run but were unable to claim maximum points for the third match in a row following a 1-1 draw with Terengganu at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

It was the Turtles who drew first blood after nine minutes after Vincent Bikana climbed highest inside the box to meet Gustavo Lopez’s corner, and proceeded to send an unstoppable header into the back of the net.

But in the 65th minute, Faris Ramli received possession from Sahil Suhaimi and cut in from the right, before curling a left-footed shot past Sharbinee Allawee Ramli into the bottom corner to force the draw for the Singaporean outfit.

Finally, Abdulafees Abdulsalam grabbed a 71st-minute winner at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium as ATM beat Pahang 1-0 for their first victory in 2015.

Saturday’s Malaysia Super League Results

ATM 1-0 Pahang

Kelantan 0-1 FELDA United

LIONSXII 1-1 Terengganu

Perak 1-3 PDRM

Selangor 2-0 Sarawak

Sime Darby 1-1 Johor Darul Ta’zim


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s